Finding formula right now is SO hard! The store shelves are bare and it’s adding so much stress and anxiety to parents (like we don’t have enough). I’ve been struggling to find formula during the shortage as well and thought I would put together some tips that I’ve been putting into play to find formula during the shortage.
- Check the stores daily. Now with young kids this is hard to do so I suggest you use the stores apps to determine availability. When they have availability I immediately do a pick up order. This way you avoid going in and out of stores and loading kids in and out of car seats.
- Use Nextdoor. Nextdoor comes in handy for things like this. You can make a post asking for formula or help finding formula from people in your community. A lot of times people will get formula samples and not use them and forget about them.
- Ask your family and friends for help. I have been utilizing friends and family so much. Especially when people live in different areas and shop at different stores. I have also been utilizing family that live out of state to see if they are able to find the formula in their stores. Send them pictures of what you need, ask them to look and purchase.
- Use online resources like Facebook, Instagram, mom groups/blogs, and even formulaexchange.com to find formula. Ask other moms for help, they are your best resource!
- Ask your Pediatrician. This tip is a big one, often times the Pediatricians office has full size samples that you can get from them for FREE! I recently asked my Pediatrician’s office and they gave me a lot of formula.
I know these are challenging times, hang in there mama; this will pass, hopefully soon!